Now that the front suspension is completed, and all nuts and bolts were finally tightened last week, the handbrake cables were assembled, the wheels were put on to align the 850 visually now it was time for het heater box was to be cleaned. It was quite a mess. So I took everything apart and cleaned the housing and all loose parts in a bath with soft soap. The metal parts sanded and repainted and the heater valve ultrasonically cleaned. A few photos lest we forget:

kachelhuis-1 kachelhuis-1

kachelhuis-1 kachelhuis-1

kachelhuis-1 kachelhuis-1

kachelhuis-7 kachelhuis

After everything was clean and dry, the radiator was repacked in foam and all parts were reassembled. Where air could leak out, extra foam was added and then the whole assembly was built into the car.

kachelhuis

Finally I did the trick with the glove once again(with another glove): Where the steering column passes through the bulkhead there is a steel part with a sealing rubber. Over the years that the car was on the road, the hole in this rubber had become a bit too large. This had to be tackled to prevent moisture and dirt getting in. I had done this before so I sacrificed a glove again:
stuurstok  stuurstok

Results for later: warm and dry feet and a clean windscreen to see through.