Of course we also want to have a nice interior. This week we measured the panels for the doors and rear panels, I cut them to size and prepared them for upholstery. Measuring was not easy because the old panels had suffered greatly from the moisture that had penetrated since 1971.
paneel-0 

First I made a panel from 3.2mm hardboard which came close to the required dimensions and then had to go back and forth a lot of times between the saw table and the car. That resulted in this panel for the left door:
paneel-2

Then I cut the two rear panels and the panel for the right door. And to prevent moisture from damaging these panels ever again, the back of all panels was covered with Innotec Door Finish Special. This is a foam foil that seals the panel perfectly and can also reduce the noise level in the car a bit:
paneel-3

Soon we'll finish the upholstery and install everything.